Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:54:09 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Hiroto Kagotani" <hiroto.kagotani@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, tigner@msu.edu
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-games/Larn is broken in FreeBSD7.0 Release

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:14:18 -0600, Hiroto Kagotani
<hiroto.kagotani@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2008/3/5, tigner <tigner@msu.edu>:
>>  When you run Larn, and chose to read/eat/drink anything the games exits
>>  with a signal 11 ,segfaults and does a coredump.
>>
>>  You have found a magic potion
>>  Do you (d) drink it, (t) take it, or (i) ignore it?
>>  Segmentation fault (core dumped) [SIGSEGV]drink
>>
>>  I would like to use Larn on 7.0, what do I suggest I do to fix this ?
>
> This is caused by the same problem as freebsd-games/hack.
> Please refer to the thread beginning with
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2008-January/046245.html
>
> For the temporary solution,
> edit freebsd-games/files/patch-larn_Makefile to add -fwritable-strings
> to CFLAGS and do not forget to use gcc34 or earlier instead of gcc in
> 7.0.
>
> Hope this helps.

I believe that someone in DragonFly BSD did a lot of clean up in the
src/games/*. But I don't know if these cleans up will helping with this
issue. It might be worth for someone to dig in there and bring in FreeBSD
if someone care about these games.

Cheers,
Mezz

--