Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 21:06:27 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA observations in FreeBSD 4.6-RC

Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru> writes:

> SS> Well, Dmitry, as I've already said numerous times that wont help me m=
uch,
> SS> since this problem is almost certainly related to some very subtle ti=
ming
> SS> (or it would fail on all systems), its more or less impossible to cat=
ch
> SS> without the HW here in my lab where I can throw my ATA test gear at i=
t..

> Yeah, I see.

Ok, S=F8ren's mail didn't make it this time either, but the maillog for
ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de does not show any rejects.

S=F8ren, at the moment, I believe it's not timing related, but a genuine
bug, I'd appreciate if you could have a look at the report I sent. If
you need any further information, feel free to send debug-only patches
(I'm using 4-STABLE, obviously) or request any other debugging information.

In case you did not get it, it's available from
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern/37060

BTW, is there a way to let a remote gdb download a core from a ddb
session?

--=20
Matthias Andree