Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 04:08:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   can't boot after /etc/rc displays date

I recently installed mysql and i'm running a -current kernel as of Dec 5,
lately when i boot up sometimes my boot seems to hang right after /etc/rc
is done.

Basically, the date is printed out right before getty is supposed to run,
then getty doesn't run :(

If i reboot it fixes it and getty comes up.

Local packages run on boot include: kdm, mysql, and sshd

Any ideas?  I think i'll recompile init with some debugging, but i can't
figure it out right now.

Thanks,
Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current