Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:13:09 +0000
From:      Xian <ian@codepad.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual-head fbsd

On Thursday 10 March 2005 01:46, Luciano Musacchio wrote:
> How can I make a dual head system? I mean, independent
> mouse/keyboard/monitor access to the tty's. Using usb hubs, how much can
> this be extended? How many terminals we can get from one cpu?
>
> thanks

If your using X it might be easier to get old PCs and use them as the
terminals. They don't have to be fast, only the computer dealing with the X
clients needs to be reasonable.

As for CPU usage, general console usage needs hardly any CPU. I would think if
your not using X you would be limited by how many keyboard/monitors... you
could connect not CPU.

--
/Xian

"To belittle is to be little"