Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:42:19 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on PPPoE DSL

We have a small LAN about to be set up on a DSL connection which is
activated. The LAN is currently sharing an ISDN Internet connection (not
used for incoming remotes). The gateway machine (192.168.0.1) is running
Win2K. There are several Win2K stations on the LAN and a couple of FreeBSDs
running 4.4, on manually assigned. The DSL is an external modem via PPPoE.
The LAN is connected via Hub. Each box has a RealTek 8139 on device rl0.

We want to install the DSL in one of the FreeBSD boxes (192.168.0.202) to
use with the
DSL (and change to the gateway in place of the Win2K).

A second NIC card (D-Link DFE-530TX+) will be added for the DSL modem and
it loads as
device r11 (without modem connected yet).

The "tun" devices are made and ready.... and 4.4 loads netgraph support I
believe without need to build into the kernel.

QUESTION:
Does anyone listening have a similar setup as planned above...DSL PPP over
PPPoE with two NICs (1 for the modem and 1 for the LAN) and if so, may I
see your ppp.conf file... and what else should I worry about?

I have read all of the many papers/guides (including Renaud Waldura's
paper). Any added tips would be VERY welcome as I really want to use BSD
rather than Win2K..... many tha

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin