Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:47:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      KillerBunny <killabunny@seductive.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation problems

Although all of the suggested installation instructions were followed, i still run into a "Can't transfer bin distribution from ad0s1" error when installing the *minimum* installation. My harddrive is a VIA IDE, and i beleive it was supported as the Partitioning process seemed to work properly. The installation media type is from a Dos partition, 4.2-Release; which i downloaded from ftp.freebsd.org. I *did* use the ckdist.exe tool to verify that the distribution was not corrupted. The entire contents of the 'bin' directory were placed in C:\FreeBSD\bin for the istallation to find them. I have also, though, attempted once or twice to mount my primary Fat32 partition (ad0s1) to "/wnd" and tried installing from this directory as a "UFS Filesystem" (as the installation calls it).
  Has this type of problem occured in the past with Release 4.2 or is there something that i'm doing wrong here?
      -Brian