Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:51:34 -0500
From:      mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: File table full?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:43:18AM -0700, Fred Condo wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 12:59:42PM -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> > At 08:51 AM 9/10/01 -0700, Fred Condo wrote:
> > >Below are extracts of /var/log/messages showing the (sometimes
> > >mangled) syslog messages and the output of uname -a (sanitized as to
> > >hostname).
> >
> > What does pstat -T show you for open files ?
> >
> >          ---Mike
>
> Thanks for the response; here's the info:
>
> 180/4136 files
> 0M/1028M swap space

PMJI, but could this be related to the "maxusers" parameter
in the kernel config file. This parameter controls the sizing
of a number of internal tables, as its description in LINT
says, and ISTR seeing just such problems fixed by bumping that
parameter in the past.

On a busy server, it would not surprise me at all if maxusers
needed to be bigger than the default -- perhaps _much_ bigger.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea@mikea.ath.cx