Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2017 22:04:13 +0200
From:      gabor@zahemszky.hu
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   multimedia/toolnix port/package without X11

Hi!

In the old days, there were some ports, which existed in
two different forms, eg: ghostscript and ghostscript-nox.
The 2nd form is the same, without the X11-dependency.
Is it possible to resurrect these types of ports?

Eg: multimedia/mkvtoolnix has some cli part (mkvmerge,
mkvinfo, mkvextract and mkvpropedit), and it has a
graphical frontend, (mkvtoolnix-gui) which has written
using Qt5. So, If I'd like to use only the command line
part of the toolkit on my NAS box (which is old and slow),
I have to compile it from ports with switch off the *default*
QT5 flag, or I have to install the full binary package, which
has a lot of dependencies. There are so many Qt5-packages, and
the llvm40 port - which is:

$ pkg info -s llvm40
llvm40-4.0.0_2                 1.32GiB

on it's own.

So is it possible, to create a slave-port with the QT5 flag
turned off, or change the default flags of the mkvtoolnix port?

Thanks,

ZAHEMSZKY, Gábor < gabor at zahemszky dot hu >