Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 16:10:24 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        lray@aurora.liunet.edu, QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KERBEROS?

<<On Tue, 25 Jun 1996 20:46:36 GMT, James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk> said:

>[someone else said:]
>> I'm trying to install the server version of Kerberos5-beta6 on my FreeBSD
>> 2.1.0 machine.  The documentation clearly states that a bug in the sed command

> This is already available in the FreeBSD distribution as 'eBones' -
> there's even a handbook entry on how to set it up.

No, it is not.  Read the message carefully.  `lray' specifically said
`Kerberos 5'.  eBones is Kerberos 4.  There is not now, and probably
never will be, a free implementation of Kerberos 5 available outside
the US and Canada.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.