Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:01:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason Li <delphij@frontfree.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/42985: Perl5 port doesn't build automatically on 5-CURRENT

>Number:         42985
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Perl5 port doesn't build automatically on 5-CURRENT
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Though this is not a bug, I want to say that perl 5.6 supplied with FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT is not compatible with perl5 port.

When building some port requiring perl5, it will first check if the port is installed. perl5.6 exist in every 5-CURRENT system, but it's not the just same with the perl5 port. This could lead to broken build, which can be solved by making and installing perl5 port. Hopefully this can be changed.
>How-To-Repeat:
Build something requiring perl5 to be installed before the actual build, for example, ports/mail/cyrus-imapd2, on a -CURRENT system without perl5 port installed. The port build will broken at perl5. To solve that, simply go to ports/lang/perl5 and make all install clean.
>Fix:
No idea currently.