Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:55:16 -0500
From:      Mike Hauber <m.hauber@mchsi.com>
To:        poni1111@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SoundMax sound card support.

On Friday 05 November 2004 04:15 pm, Andrei Iarus
proclaimed:

> How can I know I FreeBSD 4.9 supports SoundMax sound
> cards and, if not, when will they be supported?

You could either go to freebsd's website (freebsd.org), or
if you have a releace CD downloaded and burned, you could
check the CD.

For the website, check the following link, select the
applicable release version and then select "Hardware
notes."

For the installation CD mount it and do the following:

$cat /path_to_your_CD_mount/HARDWARE.TXT | more

Of course, you could always check the FTP sites as well...
For example, open your favorite browser and go to the
following URL to view the HARDWARE nfo for the 4.9 release:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.9-RELEASE/HARDWARE.TXT

(be advised that URL may have wrapped).

As far as when...

The best I can tell you is to check the history of the
freebsd-hardware message board.  You can do so by going to
the following URL.  You can even do a search so you won't
have to read them all.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/