Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:33:35 -0800
From:      mojo fms <fbsdlilly@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   question on the firefox port...

I am having an odd problem on the firefox port. This is a fresh
install of Freebsd 6 and basicly what its doing ...

=3D=3D=3D>   Generating temporary packing list
=3D=3D=3D>  Checking if www/firefox already installed
=3D=3D=3D>   firefox-1.5_5,1 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of www/firefox
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.

I have tried, make deinstall ; make reinstall same error. I am not
sure of what i should set FORCE_PKG_REGISTER to but i tried, YES,
www/firefox and NO for the settings on it. Running it like this :
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=3D"NO" make reinstall  ... i did this on make
reinstall and make install and nothing still..

make deinstall ...

root@# make deinstall
=3D=3D=3D>  Deinstalling for www/firefox
=3D=3D=3D>   firefox not installed, skipping
root@#

any suggestions please.

Thanks