Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:53:51 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        "Tim Pushor" <timp@crossthread.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 1480?

In message <15294.3320.456792.198663@nomad.yogotech.com> Nate Williams writes:
: > : Regarding NEWCARD development (and cardbus).
: > :
: > : I have an adaptec 1480 SCSI cardbus SCSI card kicking around, and am willing
: > : to donate it if a FreeBSD developer would find it useful.
: >
: > I have a 1480 in the basement as well.  It basically works right now.
: >
: > : If you want it, please send me an email - I'm not subscribed to this list.
: >
: > Thank you for your kind offer, however, we already have one.  You'll
: > likely get more use of it than we will.  Also, I'm pretty sure that
: > Justin Gibbs made it work a while ago.
:
: Actually, it was Tor Egge that ported it to the new SCSI framework if I
: remember correctly.

The 1480 is based on parts that the ahc driver supports.  You are
thinking of the aic driver and the 1460.

Warner