Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:57:52 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>
Cc:        Travis Cole <tcole@wcug.wwu.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IRC channels and ??quality??

> I look forward to it... I'm more convinced after an exchange with an EFNET
> #freebsd chanop (Jordan K. H.) that they are abusing the #freebsd name.

As the owner/custodian of the "FreeBSD" trademark, I suspect that Jordan
is probably entitled to do what he damn well pleases with it. 8)

> You might consider listing in the FreeBSD FAQ as the rightful place for
> "technical discussion" and "advanced solutions" as opposed to
> EFNET's "concrete dildos" (see previous messages).

I'd suggest a pill for your problems, but cyanide is hard to get these
days.   So just a quick reality check - nobody, that is _nobody_ with
any access to the FreeBSD FAQ would be so naive as to consider an IRC
channel as the "rightful place" for technical discussions.

If you want to do something about the "content problems" on efnet's
#freebsd, I recommend a Thermos, some donuts, and some ACTIVE INPUT on
your part.

And before you ask; yes, I lurk there, and yes, I answer technical
questions when I feel like it, as do quite a number of well-informed
people.  We have our standards however, and I suspect that they saw you
coming a mile off.