Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:09:03 +0100
From:      "Jonathan Clarke" <jonathan@phillipoux.net>
To:        <srenna@vdbmusic.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bluetooth support

> Anyone happen to know if bluetooth is supported in BSD?
>
> I was thinking of getting a little USB Bluetooth adapter:)

I have just looked into this myself, so here is a brief summary of my
findings.

Bluetooth is supported via the netgraph framework, though only in 5.1 and
5-CURRENT. The USB adapters supported seem quite varied, from what I've
read, although 5.1's hardware notes only mentions a few :

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.1R/hardware-i386.html#BLUETOOTH

According to a message (
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/FreeBSD/net/2003-08/0130.html ) from
Maksim Yevmenkin, the guy who wrote the bluetooth stack, a lot more adapters
will work, based on their Linux support, see the link in the message.

Finally, here are some instructions on setting up bluetooth on FreeBSD :
http://www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html

Good luck,
Jonathan