Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:40:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Terry Lambert wrote:

> "Neal E. Westfall" wrote:
> > > I think it fails the simplicity test, and it fails the predictive
> > > test.
> > >
> > > Your theory requires additional axioms that are not required by
> > > the previous theory,
> >
> > Yes, but *your* theory requires that one set aside the law of
> > non-contradiction.  Self-creation is a logical impossibility.
>
> It doesn't require this, though I fail to see the paradox that's
> created by ignoring the "law of non-contradiction".  I guess the
> question you raise when you say "Self-creation is a logical
> impossibility" is "Who created God?".  8-).

Inherent in the question is a false assumption.  God, by definition
is uncreated.  8-)

> > It was never intended to predict such things, only the reason for
> > the prohibition of certain taboos within the context of OT Israel
> > at a particular point in redemptive history.  Your attempt to give
> > another reason is a subtle begging of the question and rationalization
> > to support your rejection of God.
>
> I think that if I were to wash my car, you would take it as
> a "rejection of God"...

Actually, it would be confirmation that deep down in your heart of
hearts, you really do know Him, since to wash your car presupposes
the uniformity of nature, and the uniformity of nature is only
intelligible on a Christian worldview.  8-)

Neal