Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:15:25 -0000
From:      "Chris Sheppard" <cpfs@isoxford.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   trying to get the  right ./configure for apache

I wish to add a new module for apache ( to be specific its mod_auth_mysql).
After configuring mod_auth_mysql, it requires that you reconfigure apache with
the directive

--activate-module=src/modules/auth_mysql/libauth_mysql.a

I cannot find the configure file for the port of apache that I installed.
basically, I ran the normal Ports install of apache 1.3.12. I'd like to upgrade
to apache 1.3.14 while I', about it but I can't seem to get the configure right
even to reinstall 1.3.12. If you run a ports type install, you get a display of

Server version: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
Server built:   Mar 12 2000 02:53:52
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:7
Server compiled with....
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/sbin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="/var/run/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_XFERLOG="/var/log/httpd-access.log"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/log/httpd-error.log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="etc/apache/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="etc/apache/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="etc/apache/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="etc/apache/srm.conf"

from the -V command line option when running httpd

This seems miles away from the default configure or even any of the preset
installs. Does anyone know what the ./configure command line is to produce a
compiled binary with the above configuration? Looking at the tarball
specifically for freebsd, this does not produce a configuration like the one
above either, but then even if it did, I could not actually see how to produce
that anyway!

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris Sheppard