Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 95 14:51:04 EAT
From:      Yen-Wei Liu <ywliu@lin.wsl.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why "ls -la" hangs ?

I just wonder under what kind of circumstances FreeBSD files system would
corrupt.

Several days ago, I happened to find on my 2.05R machine, "ls -la" would
hang under some directories, though "ls" wouldn't.

After further tracing, "ls -la" would go into an infinite loop, which
I believe was a result of file system corruption. Fsck gave me no
error.

I decide to reformat and reinstall it. But I just wonder why "ls -la"
would go into an infinite loop, and if that's because the corruption of
the files system, what would bring up this.

Is there any method to look into this problem further ?

--
Yen-Wei Liu
Internet e-mail address:ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw