Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:12:37 +0200
From:      "Dominique Goncalves" <dominique.goncalves@gmail.com>
To:        "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of GNOME 2.24

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 10:18 +0200, Dominique Goncalves wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> > As some of you may have seen, we committed GNOME 2.24 to MarcusCom CVS a
>> > few days ago.  Since this, mezz has been working on the UPDATING
>> > instructions (should be good to go in MC-UPDATING), and I just started
>> > the GNOME 2.24 package builds on i386 and am64.
>> >
>> > What we need from you, the users are reports of regressions (i.e.
>> > "known" issues), screenshots, and general feedback.  One item we need
>> > feedback on in particular is GDM.  The GNOME release team made a
>> > last-minute decision to ship GDM 2.24 with GNOME 2.24.  There are some
>> > known AT regressions and possibly some XDMCP regressions.  We need to
>> > make sure a large enough set of users test this port out.  If our user
>> > base is seeing these regressions, we may decide to ship GDM 2.20 along
>> > with 2.24, and give users a choice.
>> >
>> > To start using GNOME 2.24, see
>> > http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html .  Packages for all
>> > supported versions of FreeBSD will take a few days to complete.
>> > Screenshots and feedback can be sent to freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org .
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > Joe
>> >
>> > --
>> > Joe Marcus Clarke
>> > FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome@FreeBSD.org
>> > FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
>> > http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome
>> >

>> I'm seeing weird behavior with gdm. It use USA keyboard instead of
>> french which is selected in my xorg.conf. If I select french, it still
>> use USA keyword. The language list is empty, with gdm 2.22 I was able
>> to select the language to use in gnome environment.
>
> Does the problem with the keyboard occur for a clean user account?

If I select my brand new user 'test' then change the keyboard to
France, the keyboard is still in USA.

Now if I connect user 'test', change the layout in gnome to France (I
needed to add it) to default. The next time I try to login with gdm,
the keyboard is now in France layout.

>> I tested the autologin fonction and it works.
>
> Good.
>
> Joe
>

>> Regards.
>>
> --
> Joe Marcus Clarke
> FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome@FreeBSD.org
> FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome

Regards.

--
There's this old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach
a man to fish, feed him for life."