Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:26:56 -0700
From:      "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
To:        "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>, "Vincent Poy" <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>, "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

>> Thanks, I'm familiar with all of those.  I guess I just wanted to
>> know how they do under FreeBSD since all the sites really benchmark it
>> under Windows.

>It's the same.  If the code is written and compiled properly, the
difference
>should be seen in all OSes.

Slightly of topic, couldn't resist :
Toms Hardware conducts a linux kernel compile in one of their benchmarks. If
we have any Intel lovers out there please put you hands over your ears for
the rest of this......
Their kernel compile test they find always fails on overclocked CPU's that
is why the concluded that the Intel Pentium III 1133MHz CPU was essentially
an overclocked  850MHz CPU. This if I remember right has been recalled and
never re-released.
I could find the link to Tom's archive covering this, it really is quite
amusing.

Sat Siri Akal,
Kulraj