Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:26:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Secureplay <secureplay@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 4.8 on Proliant 8500

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Secureplay wrote:
> I did try other slots. Originally I had it in the tertiary (64-bit) bus, it
> being a 64-bit card, then I tried the slots on primary and secondary as
> well. No luck. :(

Try playing with the Compaq config util and change the version of the OS.
Its likely that the mode you have it in now requires the OS to identify
and initialize the PCI-PCI bridge, or to initialize an additional Host to
PCI bridge.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |