Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:40:52 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Web Site PR's, offer of assistance

--=-KGVcTpRn3hJwDf4/h2Uu

David Mehler p=ED=B9e v po 14. 12. 2009 v 08:03 -0500:

> with. The first one is a recent one www/141089 regarding an incorrect
> doctype declaration on the ports page. I've also noticed some

I have fixed this one recently by reverting the declaration to HTML4 for
that particular part of the website.

> rendering. I was wondering how open the site owner's would be to my
> not only correcting the html code on the ports page to make it xhtml
> 1.0 transitional, but also doing the same to the rest of the site? I'm

I think moving the /ports/ section of the website to valid xhtml would
be nice. If you decide to work on this, go directly to me with patches.
Thanks.

I have noticed some invalidness on the website that is probably caused
by tidy(1) mischief, these I hope to work out with with simon@ soon.

> I'm not certain how to go about starting this, i was refered to the
> documentation primer, that's my next stop, but any other suggestions
> welcome.

First, get yourself an anonymous CVS checkout of www tree and make sure
you can build the website on your local computer. Then we can start
talking patches. :)

Feel free to hop onto #bsddocs on EFnet, too.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

End users have trouble keeping food off their keyboard and sorting
messages in Outlook.  Try explaining this problem to them.

--=-KGVcTpRn3hJwDf4/h2Uu
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?UTF-8?Q?_=C4=8D=C3=A1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-KGVcTpRn3hJwDf4/h2Uu--