Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 06:36:55 +0200
From:      Zoran Kolic <kolicz@eunet.yu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Driver Via

On Monday 28 July 2003 19:43, you wrote:
> which configuration file do i use to make a copy of and add that call? is
> it GENERIC or is there another one which was used when initially installing
> freebsd?

Well!
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf  or something like this.
cp GENERIC MYNEWKERNEL
Then in new file add device pcm. If you have
KDE and a lot of graphic apps, some unneeded
options in this file will do nothing to you. I would
remove everything not needed, but its up to you.
Then... follow you book:
cd /usr/src
make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYNEWKERNEL
make installkernel KERNCONF=MYNEWKERNEL
reboot
When you're up again, and you will, couse everyone
did, you will listen to the music the way you like.
But, use, for your sake something like
cdcontrol for CD and mpg123 for mp3 files. KDE is
something really big and you use freeBSD for
simplicity and configurability. Yes?
Well (again)! The true pleasure on this system is
looking for the solution, not having the digested one.

                                 Zoran