Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:59:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape Navigator that doesn't require 2.2 compatability?

I think this actually solves my problem; but in the hope of expanding my
knowledge :)

I am running 4.73 on 4.0-stable (from the CD). In addition to constant
core dumps; I maintain a website that has a password protected dir. I
added another user/password pair. Now netscape crashes with a signal 10
but no .core file. My questions:

1) what's signal 10 or better yet where does such info reside? I tried
   freebsd.org and man approp to no avail.

2) 4.7 on 3.4 works fine (as does windoze). So my next question is what is
   the easiest why to retro fit a port; or does one just do a manual
   install?

3) Any pointers as to why there is no .core file? Netscape just disappears
   or hangs and has to be removed via kill -9.