Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:50:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Lewis <nepolon@systray.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp slow to connect

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > Another solution occurs to me:  grab a more "robust" ftpd such as wu-

> You must be using a different value of "robust" than I am for wu-ftpd
> to be it..perhaps you like remote root exploits :-)

no, the use of quotes should have indicated my tone more clearly.  In this
case the identified daemon is "feature rich" just in case you happen to
not be at the console, forgot the root pass, and need to do some admin
work... but it isn't the only daemon known to have these problems on
ports 20 & 21 ... ;-)

--Steve