Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2015 21:11:23 +0000
From:      Henry Hu <henry.hu.sh@gmail.com>
To:        Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg dri2 after r277486 on Asus Zenbook

It's possible that you hit the problem of brightness.
Recently, after X starts up, the brightness is 0. It's discussed in a mail
titled
r277959 breaks X display on IvyBridge mobile GT2 IG
I also has this problem.
You can try:
* plug in an external monitor
* ssh into the machine, adjust hw.acpi.video.lcd0.brightness