Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 23:20:58 +0100
From:      Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: BSD Make vs. GNU Make

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

Hi all

First of all, I'm sending this message to this list because you, FreeBSD
people, will surely know the answer to my question.

I've listened several times that BSD Make is much more powerful than
GNU Make. It is supposed to have more features. Though they are
incompatible in some aspects :p

Well, is this true? Where are the main differences? Which one do you prefer?

I'm starting a project right now and I'm not sure of which one to use
(I'm doing some make scripts like the ones under ports/mk...)

Thanks!

--=20
La ignorancia es la felicidad.

Julio Merino (Slink) <juli@merino.net>