Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:55:42 -0500
From:      Jay Sachs <jay@eziba.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   is gcc3 required for jdk14 port?

I'm currently (it's been going a while) buildling the jdk14 port on a
-STABLE system (as of this morning). One question: I don't have gcc3
installed, and the port didn't require it. I seem to recollect that a
more recent gcc was required, or perhaps that was for the hotspot build
of 1.3.1.  Should I kill the build, install gcc32, and start over (i.e.
am I wasting my time?) So far, no compilation errors.

jay