Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:54:07 -0700
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "FBSD questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Errors using the OnStream DI30 ADR Drive

I'm running 4.3-RELEASE GENERIC kernel with an OnStream DI-30 IDE tape
drive. Things seem to work well as long as I use a 32K block size, however,
the drive seems to get this error:

	ast0: WEOF - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=24 ascq=00 error=04

whenever an end of file mark is written to it.

Checking the mail archives, I noticed that someone else had the exact same
problem, but no there was no follow up postings.

Any help on how to fix this problem with be great.

Any suggestion of an inexpensive way to backup a 30gig drive would be good
too, that way I can throw out the onstream drive.

Thanks,
Kory