Date:      Tue, 11 May 2004 17:37:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michel_Lavond=E8s?= <fox@vader.aacc.cc.md.us>
Cc:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/66481: [patch] share/examples/diskless/README.TEMPLATING tyops

On Tue, 11 May 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Michel Lavond=E8s wrote:

> > The "on" should be removed.
>
> I don't think so. The whole sentence reads as follows:
>
>         *   The program accesses a file called .cpignore in each director=
>             it descends into on the source to obtain a list of exceptions
>             for that directory -- that is, files not to copy or mess with=
=2E

> Perhaps it could be reworded as "each directory of the source [tree] into
> which it descends", but this is (IMHO) a matter of taste, and I'd rather
> not get involved in those.

Ah--it's not an extra word, but a clash of phrasing.  Sorry, I saw it
out of context.  How about:

             Each source directory is checked for a file called
             .cpignore. If present, this file contains a list of
             exceptions: files that are not to be copied or messed with.

"Messed with" is a little, uh, messy.  It doesn't really tell the reader
what might happen to a file.  It could be copied, or it could be
overwritten.  The last three words could be dropped if it just won't be
copied; otherwise, seems like "cpignore" is a misnomer.