Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:32:07 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, Bob Ney <bney@quiknet.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: interoperability

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 10:35:04AM -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> That would be great.  I have been playing a little with Windows trying
> to get it to work with an access point with WEP on and even it isn't
> working.  If you could give me any hints on a working setup then it
> might be easier getting the FreeBSD part working.

The only major problem I can recall with windows was that the various
encryption settings all need to be the same.  If you AP is set to full
encryption, then I think the defaults are correct, if it's set to
optional, then you need to select an option which enables mixed mode.
IIRC, it's just above the enable WEP check box in the lower left hand
corner of one of the tabs.  There is also an note in the AP release
notes that says that all four keys must be the same on both ends and the
same key must be selected on both of them as the transmit key.  This is
quite non-intutive.

-- Brooks