Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 12:11:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Ugen Antsilevitch <ugen@undp.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache with dynamic modules files miserably.

On 21-Dec-98 Ugen Antsilevitch wrote:
> Well...sorry for omitting that - it is 3.0 - RELEASE.
> I just downloaded rtld.c from 3.0-CURRENT - that one seems to be dated Nov.27
> .
> I recompiled ld-elf.so.1 and installed it but Apache still fails.
> Here is the error i get:
>     Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_env.so into server:
> /usr/local/apache/lib
>     exec/mod_env.so: Undefined symbol "ap_palloc".
> This can change depending on which module gets loaded first but function it
> complains about is
> one in the main source.

This sounds like the port is out of date.  Get the latest version of
it from the web site.  Also, get the ports upgrade kit that updates
the files in "/usr/share/mk".  That should fix it.  I know this port
works in -current, and somebody confirmed it just two days ago.

John
---
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken