Date:      Mon, 03 Jun 1996 09:54:57 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest VM fixes are holding up

	[patch & short discussion trimmed]
>Try the kludge; if you can go through the code and understand why
>it's necessary (but a bad soloution to the problem), you can probably
>think about dealing with the real issue, and maybe come up with your
>own patch.

I tried the patch and then ran my trigger case - it promptly crashed with
"cleaned vnode isn't". Looking at the code I discovered that I had DIAGNOSTIC
set in my config file. I've now removed it and will run with the new kernel
for a while (it's compiling now ) before reporting back.

I think I'll also bust my head with trying to understand the FS stuff a bit
more. Sigh.

	Stephen
--
The views expressed above are not those of the Worker's Compensation Board of
Queensland, Australia.