Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 2010 22:13:36 -0500
From:      Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
To:        KAYVEN RIESE <kayve@sfsu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, Randi Harper <randi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD anti-competitive activities

--------------enig5BC6090E36ACBA9D07547C41

On 04/05/10 22:04, KAYVEN RIESE wrote:
<snip>
> boo boo-- oh wait.. was it the guy trying to use sysinstall and not the=

> folks who wrote it?  Either way..

I don't know. I had problems with booting without the boot manager (it
wouldn't) and I followed the directions step by step as they were wrote
in the hand book. It took a thread I found in Questions (I think) to
alert me that the problem wasn't me. Other users are having a similar
issue. A boot manager needs to be installed for the time being. It
doesn't bother me. I don't reboot often anymore. When I do, I just wait
for the selection time out to reach 0 so the boot process can continue.

Search the archives. I forget what the title of the post I found was
(it's somewhere on my machine, I'm too lazy to look as I'm heading to
bed right now but a bit of searching won't hurt you).

I say neither malice nor incompetence. Despite my own n00bish problems,
FreeBSD is a wonderful, wonderful system to use and manage. There are
some things here and there that I wish were different, but that's with
everything else. No one is content with what they have and always have a
critique for something. There is no such thing as 100% bug-free software
and there is no such thing as a test condition that accurately reflects
the real world when humans get involved.

Good night.

--=20
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscrib=
ed.