Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:21:44 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp.freesoftware.org lagging?

>Holy cakes this is slow. I've got a T3 with BBN, but I'm getting all
>of 10 B/s from the ftp server right now (trying to get the 4.0-R
>install flops). Anyone else, or should I be hammering BBN? It's been
>this way since at least 8am this morning. Traceroutes go from BBN to
>UUNet, and appear to be okay.

   It's definately a network problem of some kind I'm hanging off of UUNET
here and downloads from freesoftware.com are zipping right along.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.