Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:00:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Drew Jenkins <drewjenkinsjr@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic and Dump

20Hi;=0AI've just built a new machine with two drives, one for Windoze and =
one for FBSD. Although I've built this according to specs, there seems to b=
e a problem with the motherboard, because I've had a number of occasions wh=
ere the computer automatically shuts down. I can now run Windoze without an=
y problems. However, when I went to install python from ports in FBSD, it c=
rashed. When I booted back up and tried again, it gave me this error:=0A=0A=
mode =3D 0100644 inum =3D 2290285, fs =3D usr=0Apanic: ffs_valloc: dub allo=
c=0AUptime 47s=0ACannot dump. No dump device defined.=0A=0ANow, clearly, I'=
ve got to figure out why the computer is crashing...that's another problem,=
 and I'll work with the motherboard company on that. But how do I fix this =
dumping problem?=0ATIA,=0A Drew=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A =0A_________________________=
?=0AEveryone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.=0Ahttp://new.mai=
l.yahoo.com