Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 18:46:41 -0500
From:      Alan Pao <Alan.Pao@3WARE.com>(by way of "L. V. Lammert" <lvl@omnitec.net>)
To:        misc@openbsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: BSD 3DM & Drivers

--=======5FD44B53=======

All,

This nice chap from 3Ware is requesting additional requests for BSD drivers
to support the effort within 3Ware - I'm sure we can oblidge! If you have
any interest in running BSD (any flavor) on 3Ware RAID controllers, please
email a request indicating that you use, or would like to use same.

Please feel free to forward to any other interested lists!

         Lee

CC:     FreeBsd Hardware List
         St. Louis BSD

=================

Hello Leland,

My superiors are aware of these requests for BSD support.  As far as I know,
there are no solid plans on continuing development for BSD.  Unfortunately,
I don't have jurisdiction over starting such a project.  Since the last time
we did any sort of release for BSD support, software, driver, and hardware
have all changed so a significant effort will have to be put into bringing
BSD up to the level Linux and Windows are at.  I have forwarded your e-mail
to my boss; that is about all I can do from my position.  Perhaps you will
hear some good news about BSD support in the near future, especially if we
get more requests like yours.

-Alan

Leland V. Lammert, PhD
Executive Director