Date:      13 Oct 2002 23:46:28 +0000
From:      John-David Childs <noreply@nterprise.net>
To:        Firsto Lasto <firstolasto@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how do I ftp a large file ?

The most recent version of proftpd (1.2.6 in the ports) provides support
for >2G files...the maximum we've tested is ~4G.

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 09:15, Firsto Lasto wrote:
> I have a 2gig file and a 6gig file on a linux system, and I am trying to
> move them to a freebsd machine.
>
> I have tried both scp and ftp and in both cases I get:
>
> "File too large"
>
> So, how should I transfer large files between unix systems ?

John-David Childs (JC612)		Enterprise Internet Solutions
Systems Administration			http://www.nterprise.net
 & Network Engineering			9616 Pecos St Thornton CO 80260
Replies to this address are /dev/nulled. Whois is your friend.