Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:00:05 -0700
From:      Samuel Greear <sgreear@vsni.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   swap behavior

Observing this I found it rather odd, this box was using
all of its 128mb of ram and averaged 120-150mb of swap
usage.  I just dropped in another 128mb dimm and now
it uses absolutely no swap and averages 50-70 of free
ram doing exactly what it was doing before, and quite
often more than it was doing before.  Does shared memory
function differently when a program gets pushed into swap,
or what?....  merely looking for a simple explanation, maybe
I have been hitting ye 'ol crackpipe too often lately.......

Samuel Greear