Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:10:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Damage <damage_z@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4-RC1 update dropped 2nd fxp interface

Hello all,

I have a Compaq DL380 I upgraded from 4.3-STABLE to 4.4-RC1 via make world and
installing a new kernel (GENERIC has always worked from update to update, and I
used GENERIC here).

There are two interfaces.  One is an integrated Intel EEPro/100, and I have a
secondary NC3123 PCI NIC (Compaq's version of EEPro/100).  Both were working
fine as fxp0 and fxp1 prior to the update.  After the update, fxp1 is gone.
After running MAKEDEV, et al, I can't get the system to see this interface
anymore.

Admittedly I'm a little short on sleep, and I think I overlooked something
obvious.   I have other systems (non-Compaq) with dual integrated EEPro/100's,
which updated fabulously.

A secondary side effect of this upgrade has left my floppy drive hosed.
Mounting the drive spews out a lot of errors, and 'mount' saturates the CPU and
won't kill -9.

This leaves me wondering what the hell happened.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.   TIA,

Dylan