Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 06:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        hernanw@FSL.ORST.EDU (Wayne Hernandez)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: majordomo archiving

Wayne Hernandez wrote:

> I have majordomo working for the most part, except for creating an archive
> file.  Using the samples in the readme, I can't determine if the last part
> of the -f should be a file or a directory.  Either way, I get a MAJORDOMO
> ABORT message.  I am not creating any digests yet, which all the examples
> show.  I thought I was over the hump when I fixed all the sendmail
> routines.  I have all files owned by majordom, group majordomo, uid/gid =
> 54, files are set to 775.  I keep reading that a port is not necessary,
> but see a lot of questions asking for one.

	example /etc/aliases lines for archives and digests:

test-majordomo:			"|/home/majordomo-1.92/wrapper majordomo"
test-outgoing:			:include:/home/mail/lists/test,
			        "|/home/majordomo-1.92/wrapper digest -r -C -l test-digest test-digest-outgoing",
			        "|/home/majordomo-1.92/wrapper archive -f /home/mail/archive/test -m -a"

	a port would have to be interactive ;(  to set the uid and gid, as
	well as editting /etc/passwd, etc..... ;(((

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/