Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 10:30:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        mallison@konnections.com (mike allison)
Cc:        scrappy@hub.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, jack@diamond.xtalwind.net, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

> John:
>
> I beg to differ -- ANY reason to visit England from America is worth
> it.  I wish more Americans could see and understand the wonderful
> differences between our countries.  Sometimes I'm at a loss as to which
> I truely call home....

Okay, I agree with that point.  The differences ARE striking, and would
create a different viewpoint as to the way things are in the world for
most Americans (in particular.)  Frankly, IF I ever did retire, I would
easily consider England over the traditional retirement areas of the
U.S. any day.

I greatly enjoyed the lack of excessive (and as in the U.S. typically
grossly mistimed) stop n' go lights there :-).  The most irritating thing
is that the 1-2min delays that those things cause didn't exist as often,
and so I didn't get a chance to read the paper in the morning :-).

The worst thing that I remember about the time there, wasn't actually
a problem when I was there, but when I came back, I had problems driving
at times, with some embarassing situations happening.

John