Date:      Thu, 29 May 2008 10:16:20 +0200
From:      Gerrit =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        Michael Proto <mike@jellydonut.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: broken re(4)

On Tue, 27 May 2008 11:45:19 -0400 Michael Proto <mike@jellydonut.org>
wrote about Re: broken re(4):

MP> > Any hints what I should do next to find the culprit?

MP> I'm running 6.3 on the exact same Jetway board at home, and while I
MP> haven't been bitten by the DOWN/UP issue I have seen the occasional
MP> "corrupted MAC on input" error when doing an ssh/scp. Seems to have
MP> simmered-down since moving from 6.3-RELEASE to 6.3-STABLE (last
MP> supped/rebuilt on 5/6/08).

MP> Note this is using only one of the 2 on-board NICs. I disabled the 2nd
MP> one in the BIOS as I don't need it at the moment.

After my experiences with the patch Pyun provided is seems to me that
running one or two nics makes somehow a difference.
I am still wondering why I have two boards with the same hardware that
work flawlessly.
However, when comparing all things, I found some minor differences:
The working boards are some months older and their CPU shows up like this:

CPU: VIA C7 Esther+RNG+AES+AES-CTR+SHA1+SHA256+RSA (1500.01-MHz 686-class
CPU) Origin = "CentaurHauls"  Id = 0x6a9  Stepping = 9
  Features=0xa7c9baff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,CMOV,PAT,CLFLUSH,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x181<SSE3,EST,TM2>

The one that doesn't work is newer and dmesg identifies:

CPU: VIA C7 Processor 1500MHz (1500.01-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "CentaurHauls"  Id = 0x6d0  Stepping = 0
  Features=0xa7c9baff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,CMOV,PAT,CLFLUSH,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x4181<SSE3,EST,TM2,xTPR>
  VIA Padlock Features=0xffcc<RNG,AES,AES-CTR,SHA1,SHA256,RSA>

This is the only difference I can make out so far. Which board do you
exactly have?

cu
  Gerrit