Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:01:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>, jdb@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup problems

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 12:43:14AM +0000, Salvo Bartolotta wrote:
>>
>> Next, I used Brandon's model:
>>
>> *default host=cvsup.nl.FreeBSD.org
>> *default base=/myjunk/mytrial
>> *default prefix=/myjunk/mytrial
>> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
>> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>> *default compress
>> src-all
>>
>> And, wait for it, it worked flawlessly. I am afraid **sigh** there
>> must be some weird/hidden interaction somewhere.
>>
>> But just to eliminate one possibility, a check with vi would make sure
>> no weird/unnecessary characters are found in the supfile.
>
>Hello Salvo,
>
>I guess we should ask Brandon to send the output of:
>
>    % cat -e -t supfile
>
>and see if there is something weird in that :-)

reef# cat "checkouts.cvs:."
F 5 971393531
reef# cat "checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4"
F 5 971394100

reef# cat -t -e stable-supfile
*default host=cvsup9.FreeBSD.org$
*default base=/usr$
*default prefix=/usr$
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4$
*default delete use-rel-suffix$
*default compress$
$
src-all$

As shown above it writes out checkouts files as if it is supping, but
the output remains the same as it was in my first email and nothing ever
lands in /usr/src.  It takes a matter of seconds to complete a cvsup
run.  I needed to get a new world up and running on this box so I've
since just gone ahead and done an anoncvs checkout.  I guess it wouldn't
hurt to ask John Polstra.

John if you would take a look at this along with my initial email at:
http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1647366+0+archive/2000/freebsd-questions/20001015.freebsd-questions
and tell me what you think is going on I'd appreciate it.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a