Date:      Fri, 9 May 2003 22:52:40 +0930
From:      "Rob" <listone@deathbeforedecaf.net>
To:        <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sudo && rsh question

This is probably because the remote command doesn't have a tty, so it
can't do things like disable echo.

I can't see an option for rsh that fixes this - if you use ssh instead,
the -t option will do exactly what you want. You can set up ssh to
behave like rsh and use the .rhosts file for authentication (although
this isn't the default).

Unless you're on a completely isolated network, ssh might be a good idea
regardless.