Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:03:57 +0200 (EET DST)
From:      Achilleas Mantzios <mantzios@softlab.ece.ntua.gr>
To:        "Larry S. Marso" <larry@marso.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: YAMAHA CRW4260 audio recording problem

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Larry S. Marso wrote:

> Certainly don't use the "blank=all" feature.  This is only for use with a
> re-writable cdr, blanking its existing contents before you write new
> material to it.  cdrecord tells you plainly:
>
> > ATIP info from disk:
> >   Is not erasable
>
> What is track32.pcm?  Is it an audio file?  Then you need to use:
>
> cdrecord -audio -swab -v -nofix dev=X,X,X speed=X track32.pcm
>           ^^^^ mandatory for audio
>                  ^^^^ often necessary.  What tosha grabs it bit reversed.

                   ^^^^
I think that the CRW4260 likes little endian, i'll try both
anyway.

>                           ^^^^ if you're writing multiple audio tracks
>                                one at a time, use "nofix" until the last
>                                time.  However, cdrecord understand
>                                wildcards.
>                                           ^^^^ you can go up to 4x speed
>                                                for write-once disks!
>
> The -swab will fix your 'white noise' problem, by the way.
>
> However, until you "fix" the disk your cdplayer probably can't play it.
> Once it's "fixed", you can't write more music to it.
>
> Best regards
> --
> Larry S. Marso
> larry@marso.com

THANX!!!!!

I try to be a little aware of the CD technology concepts first.
As soon as my freesd is alive again (still building world :( )
i'll try your recommendations.

Again Thanx!!

P.S.

Does wormcontrol co-operate with cdrecord???