Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:01:06 +0930
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        j balan <jbalan@proscouting.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network Startup

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 04:22:21PM -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:

> In the last episode (Oct 15), j balan said:
> > Does anyone know the command to reload rc.conf
>
> 'reboot' is the only sure way.

That's a bit of a problem as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps the network
scripts should be redesigned in a similar manner to the one taken on be
RedHat.

I started playing around with such a thing, using /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
as a base for 'network' scripts which take arguments such as 'start',
'stop' and 'restart'.

Implementation of such a thing would be fairly trivial methinks. What
are the thoughts on this sort of approach to management of network
interfaces and ancillary services?

   - andrew

--
void signature () {