Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:46:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Reggie Perry <perry@zso.dec.com>
Subject:   Re: Can I add this to rc.conf?

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Reggie Perry wrote:

> Hi there,
> 	I have a bunch of route add commands that I would like to have run at
> system startup. They look like this:
>
> 	route add -net x.x.x -interface y.y.y.y

Just so it's said, you can also cheat by creating a `start_if.xx0' where
xx0 is the interface name.  Put the ifconfig command and the route
command(s) in this script.  The system will automatically call it when it
sees the network_interfaces line in rc.conf.

This is especially handy if you have lots of IP aliases.