Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:59:04 -0800
From:      NGie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [RFC] Simplify running the FreeBSD test suite

Hi all,
	I=E2=80=99ve posted an item for review which will simplify =
running the FreeBSD test suite for end-users: =
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4406 . I have not sent the patch out for an =
exp-run yet (but will soon); I would appreciate feedback on the =
following high-level items:
	1. `make regress` (the legacy target) will become `make check` =
to match other open source projects. It will by default test changes in =
.OBJDIR, but allows the end-user to specify the installed directory via =
CHECKDIR.
	2. `make checkworld` will be added to mirror `make =
buildworld`/`make installworld` (it will test the installed system as =
opposed to what=E2=80=99s contained in the build tree).
	I=E2=80=99m proposing that the changes be CRed and checked in =
sometime before the new year.
Thank you!
-NGie=