Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:15:57 -0700
From:      Jean Tran <jeann@smartt.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   single user mode

Hi,
	I run into a problem when trying to follow the instruction from the
handbook. I need to get into the single user mode to change a forgotten
root password. I can get into either the boot2 prompt(boot prompt) or the
multi_user mode(login prompt) when press any key(except ENTER) after the
bootstrap loader. I then tried boot -s or just -s, and none of them will
bring up the single user mode. I am not sure what I did wrong here. Please
advise. Thanx.

regards,
Jean